Is a 230m high basalt hill named by Joseph Carne, 27 October 1904, In his ‘Geology and Mineral Resources of the Western Coalfield, 1908,’ Carne writes “on south bank of Wolgan River, within the channel gorge. Apex at foot of southern escarpment of Hawkesbury Sandstone cliffs, extending thence to the river bank as a narrow, steeply falling ridge. Contacts well developed. Small channel down western slope exposing excellent sections of tuffs and agglomerates, GR 539 237. Ridge formed of olivine basalt. Patch of Coal Measure shales caught up in centre”.