Is a suburb on the eastern side of Lithgow. The original track cut by Thomas Brown in 1834 came via Bells Line of Road and southern end of the old landing strip off Scenic Hill. (midway along the old track). Most likely named after Dr Walter Fawkes Mackenzie, (died 1886). He owned land covering 400ha between Lithgow and Hartley Valley. He was a medical doctor, Ref: SMH 9th August 1872, p. 1. He and his brother John held coal leases in this region. Ref: Carne, J F. The Kerosene Shale Deposits of NSW, 1903, p. 244.