Is located 1km north, north west of the Glowworm Tunnel on the cliff line, where the old Wolgan Valley Railway Line at the base of this cliff line changed direction from north west to north east. Ref: Eardley, G H. and Stephens, EM. The Shale Railways of NSW, 1974, p. 139. This name relates to a forge used to fabricate the railway lines.Herbert Sidney Rosewarne records,"Forge Point was also called Cable Point. Cable was the employed railway construction ganger."Ref: Stephens, Eric. Wolgan Railway Notebook, 1934-1937.