Is a locality about 1km north west of Bald Trig Station and about 4km north of Clarence. This valley name applies to the headwaters of Farmers Creek. Originally, the name applied to the small swamp and associated natural springs that gave rise to the area being reserved for a travelling stock route. This area at present is owned by, "The Lower Mountains Motorcycle Club", which built a complex on the site, 1973-1974. Originally this area was surveyed in 1877 for a 123ac (50ha) lot and used as a Travelling Stock Route, (TSR No. 59). The track to and from this TSR was known as Maddox's Line. Ref: Survey Plan C734.1507. Thomas Maddox had purchased 30ac on the Coxs River at Lidsdale in 1853. Ref: Survey Plan C38-1507. Maddox Lane in Lidsdale carries the family name. The name Happy Valley Springs appears on the 1890 edition of the Parish Map of Marangaroo.