Is the first overhang when descending into Hassans Glen at Hassans Walls Reserve, Lithgow. Named after William Sandford by the Lithgow Progress Association Lithgow Mercury, 14th May 1915, p. 4. Hartley Topo Map, GR 355 883. Sandford took over the iron works at Lithgow in 1886 and was a pioneer in the Australia’s steel making industry. The ledge from Sandford Cave leads to Pillans Lookout and above the rock formation was the original 1915 Bracys Lookout and the feature known as Natural Throne.