Is a series of very large hemispherical caves on the eastern side and midway along the State Mine Gully Road north of Lithgow. Known by this name at least from 1912. Ref: Lithgow Mercury 5th June 1912, p. 2. Ken Poppett, local resident, oral history, 25th February 2012. These caves have been mapped and named Twilight Cave for the northern cave and Aledged Cave for the lower cave by Erik Halbert and Ross Ellis in 2006. Ref: The Journal of the Sydney Speleological Society, 2007, 51 (6): pp. 174-178.