Is located 600m north west of Padleys Pedestal Trig Station, within Hassans Walls Reserve, Lithgow. Named after James Rutherford (1827-1911). In 1873, with Daniel Williams and others he started the Eskbank Ironworks at Lithgow. Ref: Lithgow Mercury, 18th May 1917, p. 6. This glen has a walking track which connects to the Undercliff Track. The first overhang from the top is known as Hurley Cave.