Sign In

Bush Explorers Encyclopaedia

Russell Creek *

Is a watercourse rising 1.5km north east of Capertee. It flows generally south east and north east for about 2.5km into Airly Creek. Shown as Russells Waterhole Creek on the map Parish of Bandamora, 1882. Captain William Russell (1807-1866) married Jane Rebecca Griffiths Jamison in 1841. Jane was the daughter of Sir John Jamison. They had 3 daughters and 8 sons. Along with his father in law and Dulhuntys, he was one of the first landowners in the Cullen Bullen, Ben Bullen area. His first purchase of 11 Portions of Land was on 4th September 1852. Russell was also a Member of the Legislative Assembly, June 1859 - November 1860. Ref: Survey Plans 57 and 58-1496, 891-1496. NSW Parliament Former Members website.

  • Capertee and Ben Bullen
Grid Reference:
  • 196 292 headwaters
  • 211 296 junction
Private land
Related Names:

Dry Canyon in the Gardens of Stone