Galaxies Gully is located on the southern side of the Wolgan River and the eastern side of the Newnes industrial site. This gully has remains of the buildings and a cave house which were in use during the period when Newnes was in operation as an oil shale town (1907-1920). This gully has its headwaters on the far western side of Island Mountain and is a double pronged gully which flows south for 1.5km to join the Wolgan River. The eastern branch gives access to Galaxies Traverse. Named by Yuri Bolotin and Brian Fox on a Bush Club walk, 1st July 2016.