Is a locality name, Hassans Walls is shown on the map, Sketch of the Road to Bathurst marked out in 1830 according to a sketch made in 1827. Ref: SRNSW: AO Map No. 5027. The Survey Plan 41.691, dated 9th October 1832 shows two allotments of land sold and buildings for the ‘Bridge Party’, the road labelled as Major Mitchells Road. A post office was establishedin 1834 as a midway point between Penrith and Bathurst, the mail being delivered twice a week. Ref: Sydney Gazette and NSW Advertiser 8th July 1834, p. 2. The Travellers Inn was in operation by 1835. Ref: The Sydney Morning Herald, 20th July 1845, p. 2.