Is a locality name that comes from Tyldesley, Lancashire, United Kingdom, where Tyldesley Coal Mine was operating from the 1850s. The village of Tyldesley via Cullen Bullen came into existence to house the employees of the Great Western Colliery from 1904. In 1916, Tyldesley Coal Mining Co. Ltd took it over. The village ceased to exist by the early 1960s. Tyldesley Public School opened in May 1922 and finally closed in December 1963. Ref: Christison, Ray. History of Tyldesley Village, 2003. Today, Tyldesley is a rural place 2km north west of Cullen Bullen, accessed via Tyldesley Road.