Is a locality about 7km east of the City of Lithgow. Boundaries are within the Lithgow Council area. GR 417 922. Clarence would have taken its name from Mount Clarence, which is located 2.5km south west of the railway station. Governor Macquarie in his trip across the Blue Mountains to Bathurst in 1815 named Clarences Hilly Range in honour of H.R.H. the Duke of Clarence. Ref: Macquarie's journal. Mount Clarence would have been derived from this name.