Is a small village on Umbiella Creek about 11km north west of Glen Davis and about 37km from Capertee. Dr James Innes (1796-1846) married Jane Alicia McLeod in 1828. James was granted 1760ac in July 1825, but it was not officially gazetted until October 1831 at 14 pound per annum. He named his cattle station, "Glen Alice". Jane Alicia was born c1800 and died on 2nd December 1881. James's brother George (1802-1839) took over the property a few years later, and when he died, his wife Georgianna Lorn Moorshead sold the property. It was the property name that became the name of the settlement of Glen Alice. Glen Alice was notified as a village on the 22ndJuly 1878 and gazetted as a village on the 14th September 1901. Ref: Sydney Gazette, 28th May 1831, p. 2 and 12th January1832, p. 3, Survey Plan 89.691, dated 23rd October 1833 and Annabella Boswell's Journal (Annabella was the daughter of George and Georgianna Innes). .