Is a large domed mass of olivine basalt about 4km north of Rock Hill and about 7km east, north east of Mount Budgary. John Cameron applied for Conditional Lease of Portions 2, 3 and 11 bounded by the Wolgan River and near the junction of Annie Rowan Creek, in 1892. This total area of 250ac was confirmed on 31st May 1893. In 1921, he also took out a Special Lease in this area for grazing, which he held until 1928. Ref: Survey Plan 1930, 1931 and 1932.1507. Parish Map of Rock Hill; County of Cook, 1883 has the text added, "Cameron's Old Track", this text does not occur in later editions. Mount Cameron is shown on the map Parish of Wolgan, 1884. The Survey Plan C1810.1507, dated 8th November 1890, describes Mount Cameron as, " The greater part of the area varies strikingly from the adjacent country, it appears to have resulted from volcanic agency and comprises rich soil clothed luxuriantly with good grass." Landowners were Joseph George Beecroft, William Charles Wallace, Henry Coventy Wallace and David William Wallace, from 1903 to 1926. It was then held by Vida Harris Jones till her death and subsequently passed onto her daughter Vidie Harris Clark, who held it till 1969. Ref: Conditional Purchase Lease Cards and Certificate of Title Vol. 3928, Fol. 80. On the 30th May 1947, this area was proclaimed a Bird and Animal Sanctuary. It is now part of the Wollemi National Park. James (Jim) Bird held a lease over the property for about five years in the 1960s. Ref: Dick Bird's son, correspondence of 29th January 2010. Other lease holders after the Birds included Herbie McAndrew and Kelvin Gale. Ref: Danny Whitty, 19th February 2010.