Has a height of 830m, located about 3km south west of Mount Gundangaroo. Mount Canobla,Canobla Creek and Canobla Gap are shown on the map Parish of Gindantherie,1892. The Sydney Gazette and New South Wales Advertiser, 19th January 1832, p. 3 records,"the three lofty peaks are more familiarly called, the Canobalas, elevate their summits almost to the clouds." Canobla most likely was derived from the name Canobolas, an Aboriginal word describing the shape of the mountain near Orange, NSW. Mount Canobolas was originally known as Canoblas and it is the highest peak in the Central West of NSW. Ref: The Maitland Mercury, 26th July 1851, p.4. The early pioneers such as John Blackman and the Dulhunty brothers, who came from the Orange and Dubbo districts, could associate Mount Canobolas as being the dominant landform in their district. Canobla was also a property name within the Capertee Valley. Ref: Glen Alice SchoolCentenary 1884-1984, p. 23.