Dargans Creek and Kangaroo Corner Creek join to form the creek known as River Lett. This is a partly perennial creek which flows west, south west for about 6km into the Coxs River. This name was originally recorded by George Evans as Rivulett and repeated twice on his map. Ref: Surveyor G. W. Evans. Plan of route over the Blue Mountains from Emu Ford to Fish River Crossing. In 3 sheets, Sheet 3, scale 40 chains to an inch, 1815. LDI. 215 (3). When Surveyor Henry Butler was requested to survey the proposed reserve for a Court House and Gaol, (Hartley Court House), 25th July 1834, he recorded on his Survey Plan the spelling as River Lett. Ref: Survey Plan B228.691. Note: the spelling on the Great Western Highway at Hartley is shown incorrectly as Lett River.